Monday, 4 May 2015

PREVIEW: Mid-Week NPL/New-FM Games

1st Grade: Adamstown (9th) v Hamilton (2nd)
Wednesday 6th May 7:30pm Kickoff

Adamstown host Hamilton in this Round 3 catch-up game and after two weeks without a ball being kicked it will certainly be a welcome return for both sides. I'm not sure how either side went about training but a few teams have booked spots at the Lake Macquarie Synthetic grounds, some have hit the gym and I'm sure these two wouldn't be lacking any fitness.

Hamilton have to be the favourites here. They picked up an impressive win over Edgeworth in their last game and they can move into equal top spot with a victory over the Buds depending on other results. Adamstown went down to Charlestown City in their last game and need to show more on Wednesday night than they did at Lisle Carr a few weeks back.

My Tip: Adamstown 1-3 Hamilton

Under 22's: Adamstown (10th) v Hamilton (9th)
Tuesday 5th May 7:30pm Kickoff

Both these teams are winless after two rounds and will be keen to turn that around with a win in Tuesday night's catch-up game. The Buds' 23's were outdone 3-2 by Charlestown City last time out and weren't really that far off a result, Hamilton however were brushed aside 5-2 by Edgeworth in their last outing. On that alone I'm going with the home side here.

My Tip: Adamstown 2-1 Hamilton

Under 19's: Adamstown (8th) v Hamilton (2nd)
Tuesday 5th May 6:00pm Kickoff

Early season form is hard to base a prediction on and looking back at these two sides' results in the first two games leaves me wondering just what will happen on Tuesday night. Adamstown held a Charlestown side that scored six in Round 1 to just the single goal last time out whilst Hamilton drew 3-3 with Edgeworth. I'm going with the away side but not with much confidence.

My Tip: Adamstown 0-2 Hamilton

*ALL GAMES POSTPONED*

1st Grade: South Cardiff (8th) v Weston Workers (4th)
Wednesday 6th May 7:30pm Kickoff

Off topic this is now the third time I'm writing previews for the three grades between South Cardiff and Weston. After the original game was washed out I completed the preview for this week's catch-up game just a few moments ago but it didn't save so here we go again and I'm keeping it short.

South Cardiff drew their two matches this season, both at Ulinga Oval, against Adamstown and the Jets Youth whilst Weston are backing up after Saturday's loss to the young Jets at Rockwell Automation Park.

Whilst the Gunners are unbeaten in two NPL games this season I can't overlook their last mid-week result, a 5-0 hammering at the hands of Edgeworth in the FFA Cup. With that in mind I'm taking the away side for the win.

My Tip: South Cardiff 1-2 Weston Workers

Under 22's: South Cardiff (6th) v Weston Workers (4th)
Wednesday 5th May 6:00pm Kickoff

These two sides are only split by a point on the league table but I'm comfortable in tipping the home side. Their last outing was a win over an Emerging Jets U18's side that smashed Weston for five last week. Based on that I'm going with the Gunners to make it two in a row.

My Tip: South Cardiff 2-0 Weston Workers

Under 19's: South Cardiff (5th) v Weston Workers (1st)
Thursday 7th May 7:00pm Kickoff

Weston's Under 19's have had a strong start to the season and remain unbeaten after three games. Backing up after Saturday's game will be tough but I'm going to back them to get the job done at Ulinga on Thursday night. South Cardiff did win their first game of the season but defending seems to be a problem with five goals let in during two matches. Bears by one.

My Tip: South Cardiff 1-2 Weston Workers

*ALL GAMES POSTPONED*

*ALL GAMES POSTPONED*

1st Grade: Toronto-Awaba (11th) v Valentine F.C (1st)
Wednesday 6th May 8:00pm Kickoff

First off all, the 17's and 19's fixtures for this game have been scheduled for next Wednesday night, the 13th.

Okay, it's first versus last in the New-FM 1st Division and only the most optimistic Toronto fan would pick their side to win. Valentine have been classy in their last few games and I'd expect them to come back from an extended break hungry for more points.

The Phoenix beat West Wallsend 6-0 not that long ago and unless the Stags put on a much improved display than the one they put on against Cooks Hill a few weeks back, they'll be smashed again here. There's the potential for the upset of the season so far but Valentine should be too strong.

My Tip: Toronto-Awaba 0-5 Valentine

Under 23's: Toronto-Awaba (8th) v Valentine F.C (1st)
Wednesday 6th May 6:30pm Kickoff

Valentine are flying high in the Under 23 competition as well and after seeing off a strong Lakes side 6-2 in their last game, they should be too good for a Toronto-Awaba side that went down 4-1 to Cooks Hill last time out. Hopefully for Toronto's sake it's not a landslide but this will be an extremely tough test for the Stags reserve squad.

My Tip: Toronto-Awaba 1-4 Valentine